Thursday, September 27, 2012

Happy Birthday - Masculine





My husband's birthday is tomorrow, so I just finished this card this evening, of course.  Why plan ahead?  lol  Anyway, the card was inspired by this card at split coast stampers http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2046542?&cat=500&ppuser=289521
The original is a halloween card, but I thought it would be great as a birthday card.  I made my stamped circle and shadow larger than the scale of the original to accommodate the stamp I was going to use.  Both circles were cut with my Cricut Expression.  The card base is kraft paper, and the two layers of printed paper are from last year's Indian Summer mat stack from DCWV.  The stamped cardstock is ivory.  The deer scene stamp is by Penny Black.  I also used a bit of ribbon, which is brown with a blue thread running through it.  It is a little hard to see the colors, which are much more vivid in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment