Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall Pumpkin card



Life has gotten in the way of my crafting lately. This is a shaped card. It was intended for the gypsy challenge due today, but I forgot one of the requirements.

The pumpkin is from Create a Critter (cut at 4"). I used the shadow feature pumpkin for the card base, and the regular feature for the top and inside. This was a mistake since the shadow feature is a bit larger than the regular one, but that is what happens when you are designing at midnight! LOL






The inside was cut a bit short on purpose to show a border around the shape, and the acorn/leaf stamp is from Inkadinkado (clear fall stamp set).

There are several welds: card base, both sets of wording, and the 2 separate leaf/swirlies. I don't know if swirlies is a word, but I like it! Lettering is from Nursery Rhymes. Happy is cut at a height of 1.22, and Fall has been stretched to 1.32. The leaf is from Tie the Knot and had a second cut with it, which has been hidden. The swirlie is also from Tie the Knot, and has been welded to the leaf. The piece was then smooshed horizontally to keep the right height, but make it fit on the card the way I wanted it. One of the leaf/acorn pieces was flipped horizontally, too. After glueing to the card, the lettering was stickled--fruit punch on "happy", and stardust on "fall." A little raffia bow seemed to be the last thing the card needed.

It was fun 'almost' participating in the challenge. I forgot the window. If only.....oh well, no more midnight designing without checking the rules!

**Edit** Good news! The sweet SassyLady that started this challenge allowed me to post my card to the challenge even tho I forgot my window! What a peach! Maybe I will get extra credit for the flip and hide contour! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment