Saturday, September 11, 2010

Vintage Birthday


My MIL recently had a birthday and I made this card for her. She loves cameos, so I used the Heritage cartridge for that cut. It actually has 2 cameos, one popped over top of the first layer to give it some dimension. However, I forgot to take a photo showing that before I gave the card away.
I made the folded frame with paper from the K & Company 'Roam' mat size pad. I used coordinating solid blues for the background, and the lighter one was embossed with the Script Cuttlebug folder.
The ivory "lace" was made with a Martha Stewart PATP set -- Scallop Three Dot. Also, I added a small vintage heart with some scroll work by hanging it from a little ivory brad.
I hope you like it! It was a bit of a fussy card, but it was so worth the extra time!

1 comment:

  1. very pretty card..I love the silhouette and the gold heart is just the right touch! I'm sure your MIL loved it!TFS

    ReplyDelete