Saturday, September 25, 2010

Gypsy Challenge due Oct. 1, 2010


This is my entry for the new gypsy challenge. We were to make a holiday card, and since my sister's birthday is on Halloween, I was also able to get her card made while participating in the challenge! Yay!
Challenge requirements: Two pieces of art, min. of 1 word, min. of 1 weld, 1 squeeze, 1 stretch, & min. of 3 cartridges.
Cartridges used:
Jasmine -- "thday" (welded)
Just Because Cards -- "happy"
PDDU -- Ghost & tombstone (squeezed/stretched)
Pooh & Friends -- grass
Storybook -- orange printed background paper
Walk in My Garden -- sign
Wild Card -- "Boo"
I used Tim Holtz distress stamp pad to do some shading on the tombstone, as well as the background shape. I used a Sharpie to highlight the ghost and tombstone, too. The sign is from WIMG, and I just snipped off the post part of it. It is hard to see, but the 3 dew drops on the bottom right corner are amber and purple.
I have to say that I love designing on my gypsy!

2 comments:

  1. Mary this is an adorable card.... you are really good at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sheila! It is fun trying your gypsy challenges on the forum.

    ReplyDelete