Thursday, September 9, 2010

Horse Series


Awhile back I just HAD to have the Cricut Old West cartridge. I have to admit that at the time, I really only wanted it for the bale of straw cut--needed for an upcoming bulletin board in Sunday School.
I was asked to make some cards for a 4H fundraiser with horses. This is one of those cards.
I laid the entire card out in Design Studio to be sure of all the sizes before cutting. I made the egg shape with George & Basic Shapes. The night sky has a circle that was masked off while I did the gradient sky with varying shades of blues & purples.
The horseshoe is cut from A Child's Year, and the horse is from Old West. The background paper is printed blue denim, with a frame of black to match the horseshoe.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you did the sky! I dont know how to do that and I have wanted Old West too but could not and have not justified it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is super easy to do! Just take a piece of dry sponge, dab it onto your stamp pad and gently swipe it across your cardstock. You may want to do a practice on a scrap first to get the pressure right. Easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete